Giving up your mermaid locks?


I've been growing my hair ever since I took the plunge when I was about 14/15 years old, when angled bobs were all the range. Needless to say I didn't have the cheek bones to pull off this look. Fast forward 10 years and I've had super duper long hair for about 2 years, but I'd grown tired of it and lazy - styling was such a chore, it would get wrapped around bags, stuck in car doors, trapped under peoples elbows - I was over it. So, I got my mop chopped.

12 inches to be exact. It was rather a rash decision, I hadn't gone about my usual procedure of creating 6 different Pinterest boards and talking it through for hours with my friends. Within minutes of being in the chair, my hairdresser cut it all off - apart from an initial fast heart beat and sweaty palms there were no tears, no feeling of regret and I bloody love it.

This particular trip to the hairdressers was even more special to me because my stylist kindly put my hair in a bobble before the initial cut, so the hair could be bundled up and sent off to the Little Princess Trust. And it's this that I want to highlight in today's post - I recommend anyone considering getting a lot of hair cut off to ask their stylist to do what mine did. It's not a big ask, makes no mess for them and you'll feel great knowing that you've contributed to a great cause.  

With bobs and lobs being the hair craze of the moment, you'll not only look sassy AF, but you'll feel all lovely and proud inside. The charity will accept the minimum length of 7", it doesn't matter if your hair has been dyed or bleached and straight and curly hair is welcome. Once your hair has reached the Charity and they make sure it can be used, it will be sent to China where it will be mixed with similar hair and made into wigs. But feel free to read all this information and more here.

And if you're wondering why human? Wigs made out of human hair obviously look more natural, and they have a shine and movement that can't be replicated with a synthetic alternative. And because of this, they tend to be extremely expensive. So to restore a bit of normality back into their lives, next time you get your hair cut send it into The Princess Trust.

Frankie.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment