Current Skin Care Routine










This post may surprise many of you I'm sure. As when it comes to skin care, at the moment I'm keeping it extremely basic. My skin through a bit of a hissy fit a few months back, and my normal skin care routine wasn't helping it. So I decided to strip it back to basics, and I love it! It's quick, it's effective and relatively well priced!

At the moment I am using a 3 step system: Cleanse. Moisturise. Eye Cream. For my cleanser I am using The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil and their Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. I began using these products about a year ago when I was still a student and I needed a more affordable alternative to my skincare. After some research and the Caroline Hirons stamp of approval off to The Body Shop I went! I love both these products as they don't aggravate my skin by leaving it looking red or feeling tight like previous cleansers have done. They are at a really affordable price point, the Camomile oil being £10 and the Camomile Butter being £12, I personally think its a reet good' bargain, and a year later I'm still going back for more!

I begin with the Camomile Oil as this removes most of my makeup extremely easily, I massage the product onto dry skin, and I feel as though it really does its job in removing my makeup, it literally melts away. As any other cleanser addicts know, I continue to remove the oil and makeup concoction with a flannel ran under warm water. For my second cleanse, I reach for the Camomile Balm, this feels incredibly luxurious on the skin, I personally feel its nourishing my skin, and giving it that deeper cleanse it needs, all the while removing any nastie's left on my face.

I have oily to combination skin and I can confidently say that the oily nature of the products do not enhance or effect my oily predisposition. They are hydrating and nourishing obviously with their consistency, but its extremely well balanced, and I've had no problem with these products encouraging spots. I tend to cleanse my face with my hair tied up, with my barnet out of the way, I make sure I spread the product onto my neck, behind my ears and onto my décolletage if need be.

I then use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+] anti-blemish cream as its amazing! When my skin through its hissy fit a few months ago, this is the product I sought after! It's been on my radar for months, if not a year, since it received all of its publicity and attention. And again with its lower end price point, I couldn't not give it a go. I'm extremely happy with this product, I've been recommending it to all of my friends. I think its this products influence on me, as to why I've stripped back my skin care; it advices that as much as its a moisturiser its above all a spot treatment, thus no other skincare needs to be used along side it. At first this felt very alien to me, as I've always had an over the top skincare routine, I was cautious about my skin becoming dry or dehydrated. But I've honestly not felt those effects, this could possibly be due to the richer oilier cleansers I've been using along side the moisturiser, I've been getting enough hydration from this combination.

The Effeclar Duo [+] in my opinion deserves all the praise it has been given; it sorted my skin right out! Reducing the redness on my cheeks, the spots that I was sporting and the scarring that flared up on my cheeks. I've repurchased it now for the third time, and I cant see a day that I don't think highly of it, if your skin has thrown a bit of a wobble or you're prone to spots and acne I couldn't recommend this more! And for £11.62 from Boots you really cant complain about this little gem of a product. The texture is very unusual, its not a wet moisturiser nor is it a gel, once rubbed into the skin it has a matte texture, which reminds me of the texture of a primer, which I love, as its a perfect base for my makeup during the day! It doesn't add to the oiliness of my t-zone as the day continues and it helps the longevity of my makeup which is always a bonus!

Last but not least I finally use an eye cream, for this I use Yes To Carrots Moisturising Eye Cream, for normal to dry skin, you can pick this up from Boots for a savvy £9.99. It's one for brightening, because as I've mentioned in my previous post "Under Eye Armour" I have dark pigmentation under my eyes. I bought this on a bit of a whim as a few of the Bloggers and YouTubers I follow had been mentioning the brand for a while, so I thought as I have no staple eye cream in my skin care routine I'd give it a go. I've not been using the product enough to give an honest feed back on it, but to be fair I never am blown away by the eye creams I've used. This product is a warm colour which is how its branded as an eye brightener, I've not seen enough difference in the colour of my under eye to agree with this, but I will always compare anything designed to help with ones under eye to the incredible Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector, so maybe that's unfair of me. The consistency is very wet, and I find I need the tiniest of amounts to dab under my eye and orbital bone.

This is extremely stripped back in terms of skincare, but I'm loving it at the moment. It's time efficient and doesn't break the bank! Which is an added bonus. I'm sure I'll shake it up in a month or so, and you guys will be the first I report any changes to!

What are your current skin care routines?!

Frankie

0 comments:

Post a Comment