Pucker Up


Hello and welcome back to FrancescaHannah, I'm sorry I've been out of action these past few weeks. I had an internship covering Men's Paris Fashion Week, so all my time was spent concentrating on that and then my work had lots of overtime available! Anyhow its back to normal from now on and today's post is going to be all about bold lips!


Growing up the guys I went to school with always used to mock my lips; they'd say they were too big, and for some reason that was a bad thing to them. Therefore I internalised this and for years would be embarrassed by them, in reflection they aren't even that big, but nonetheless my "big lips" were added to my list of insecurities when I was a teenager.When I was younger I would never of dreamed about wearing lipstick as the colour would draw attention to my monster like lips, so for years lip balm was the extent of my makeup procedure regarding my lips.

However those days are long gone! I wish I could tell you when or how I got over my daft insecurity, but I don't remember, it just sort of happened. And now I love nothing more than slapping some lippy onto my lips as a staple look, its quick, its colourful and it enhances one of my NOW favourite features of myself. A bold lip can transform any outfit or makeup look; if I'm in a rush and don't have the time to stand and play around with different eye shadow pallets and  brushes for application and blending, then I always reach for my brighter, bolder colours as a way to make a statement with my makeup.

I love how selecting one colour can change the vibe and look of your makeup, you can go classy and chic with a deep red, my go to being M.A.C's Ruby Woo. If I'm feeling brave and wanting to go for an editorial look I'll reach for my plum colours, Rimmel's Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss 107, Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Glastonberry and M.A.C.'s Diva are my favourite of the bunch! If its a nice summery day and I want  to embrace that summer sun I reach for peachy bright tones such as M.A.C's Morange or M.A.C's Pink Lemonade. If I'm feeling a bit more fun and brave I often reach for Bourjour Pink Flamingo, which I always get complements on. If I'm feeling girly I do reach for softer pinks such as Tom Ford's Flamingo and M.A.C's Plink. And as of late my go to colours are M.A.C's Merh and Brave, they are both subtle yet rich and I adore them with a smokey a eye or on their own!

I think a lip whether bold or subtle completes any makeup look, and I can't not go without something on my lips now! Regardless of how heavy my eye makeup is, i'll always reach for a neutral tone. I feel lipstick if worn correctly and the shades complement you, can brighten your face, and wake it up! It really is one of my favourite things to buy and apply!

In regards to application I would suggest getting a lip liner for the outline, but if you have a steady hand using the lipstick bullet produces the same results! I've never used or felt the need to buy a lip brush, so I cant comment on that. But some advice I can share is blot your lips, once or twice, creating a stain makes the wear of the lipstick all the more durable. And my lips are not even, one side of my upper lip is fuller than the other, so i do draw over to make them symmetrical! Don't be afraid to do the same!

What is your favourite lipstick?

Frankie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment