Hello, From Dublin












Happy New Year to you all, I hope you achieved everything you wanted in 2015 and you feel ready to concur all that 2016 is going to bring your way. This NYE for the first time my friends and I packed up and took a short flight to Dublin for 5 days, with most of us no longer being students, trips and holidays are becoming more of a thaaaaang (one perk of adult life.) 

We got the return flights way back in summer for only £20 which was a treat and we stayed in the StayCity Apartments Millennium Walk and I couldn't have been more pleased. We were lucky enough to get a penthouse suit which meant we pretty much got 360 degree views of the lovely Dublin. It was spacious, modern and clean and I couldn't recommend them more; my only critique would be the wifi was shocking! My phone and I became strangers for days on end, and somehow I managed to survive an internet free life. 

We did all the touristy things as would be expected ... we visited the Irish Museum of Modern Art, we walked around the Irish War Memorial Gardens, we got up early to get tickets for the tour around Kilmainham Goal and although I'm not religious we visited the beautiful St Patrick's Cathedral.  We went shopping around Grafton Street and had a walk around the lovely St Stephens Park. And of course we spent many an hour drinking Guinness, Irish cider and Irish whiskies in the temple bar area! 

And the piece de resistance was obviously New Years Eve! 6 girls and one apartment, full of music and alcohol it's safe to say the getting ready process and pre drinks was a lorra lorra fun! I've always enjoyed the getting ready part to any night out (or occasion that allows me to dress up) where as most girls I know look at it as a grueling task, for me its thoroughly enjoyable. After Uni I moved back to Manchester and there I live with my parents, so to be living with friends in our own space was just amazing and for 5 days I could pretend I was a student again (I'm aware I need to get over these post uni blues,) 

I wore my trusty New Look heels that I purchased off of ASOS for my graduation back in July and they are a beautiful bargain buy, if I do say so myself, I paired them with a new last minute panic purchase from ASOS! And I donned a Queen Elsa inspired loose French plait and I went all out in true francescahannahbeauty (aka drag queen makeup) style.

I was watching a lot of YouTube tutorials trying to decide what makeup I wanted to create and I decided I was going to recreate the eye makeup that the beautiful Nic from pixiwoo did in this Christmas Day Hair and Makeup tutorial and I adored it! It's all about glitter but in a modern, mature way and I loved it so much. I was nervous it was going to be difficult but I cant tell you how simple it was; I applied my winged eyeliner as I normally would with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink then I applied the Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in Dig It glitter applicator to the back of my hand and used my MAC 266 angled eyeliner brush to pick the product up off of the back of my hand and followed the line I created with my original black eyeliner. Once I had put on the Ardell Demi Wispies fake eyelashes (my absolute favourite,) the attention had been taken away from the glitter so I thickened the line up just a little and I loved the look, it was fun and very New Years Eve appropriate,  

That was the inspiration I took from that video and the rest of my makeup I applied was my own preferences, I used MAC fix plus to help intensify the colour through through my crease and I built my browns up to create a well blended but dark cut crease. And I tied the whole look together with a dark plum/ vampy lip, for this I used MAC Diva paired with MAC burgundy lip liner; I was in Harvey Nichols last year and one of the MAC makeup artists was wearing the combo and I had to invest. I took no good pictures of the makeup that night (the lighting was rubbish,) but I cant recommend that combination more!   

And I'm so pleased with the results! I wish I had a decent picture to show you guys, but maybe I'll recreate the look and get posing around the house to show off the look. Also I mentioned my hair, I never wear my hair up, I only really have it down. I was so nervous and self conscious to wear it up, especially in a french plait as its completely off your face, but I'm so glad I did. With my hair being up I was able to show the back cut off the dress off and actually step outside of my comfort zone which is always a good thing! 

How was your New Years?

Frankie

0 comments:

Post a Comment