When the sun doesn't shine, but your sun care game is strong



So a few months ago me and my friend booked to go to Greece for a long weekend, we felt really smug having booked a really good deal, with great flight times and a gorgeous location. Fast forward to said weekend and the weather in sunny Greece decided to change for THAT weekend only and my sunny weekend break turned to a grey, rainy piss take, least to say I wasn't happy. Oh and to top things off we were delayed 3 hours there and 5 hours on the way back ... my resting bitch face was out with no restraint.


Previous to this, I made a little purchase from Boots of the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra-Light Fluid SPF 50+ 50 ml sun cream, wanting to practice safe sun care, I was really excited to try it and felt really sassy having my factor 50 ready to go! Stay back sun, I thought, you aren't ruining my skin ... and low and behold turns out I didn't bloody need it. However after we FINALLY got to our accommodation after the delayed flight and unorganised airport transfer we did get about 2 hours in the sun (fantastic.) I was able to debut my Monki one piece and the product in question.

And I really would believe the hype, it wasn't heavy on my skin, it wasn't greasy and even in the measly 2 hours of sun we were exposed to, my face didn't burn. I didn't break out in spots as it wasn't too rich, it rubbed in really well and considering it's a weighty factor 50 I didn't have a white ghost like film all over my face. I honestly couldn't recommend it more. I think it's really reasonably priced and it's not too big or heavy so it's perfect popped into your beach bag. Now I haven't used it before makeup application, but due to it not being a heavy product nor sticky I can imagine it being a match made in makeup/ sun protection heaven.

Give it a go, and know your skin is being protected (can I hear a hell yeah to no immature ageing,) and I'm certain even the biggest skeptic or moaning Myrtle couldn't pick holes in this sun care gem. I'm hopefully going to Malta in August so maybe I'll get my use of it then!

Frankie      

0 comments:

Post a Comment