An Ode to Armani


Let us begin!

I recently hit the shops in Manchester's Town Centre and of course wandered around the ever so inviting Selfridges Beauty Department. Here, I made a few purchases (all obviously necessary) one of them being the incredible Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 5.


This little gem changed my understanding and my approach to foundation. Before this came into my life I was a heavy duty, high coverage, extremely matte kind of girl. I thought in order to get the best finish you had to hide your skin behind thick makeup. Now by no means am I all of a sudden a tinted moisturiser, dewy skin advocate, but I'd like to say somewhere in the middle.

What first attracted me to this product was the technology behind it. At the time of my first purchase I was in the midst of Uni and going on nights out was a multiple weekly occurrence, so the idea of controlling the hideous results of the begrudged flash back was a big win for me. And I rejoice in saying gone are the days of a white head and tanned body! *YAY*

This foundation is light weight in my opinion, fear not you will be left with a high coverage, long lasting, semi matte/semi dewy finish. This foundation is buildable, so for me its perfect, I will top up on my problem areas like my cheeks and my chin. It doesn't become cakey and give you a texture I can only describe as curdled milk, that I have found with other products once you start to build with them.

I have normal to oily skin, my t-zone especially. So finding a long lasting foundation has always been a problem for me. I feel with this product at the end of the night its still doing its job and for me its a little dream come true!

This product is on the pricey side in my opinion, £36.50, nonetheless its never stopped me from repurchasing it over the years. I do use it sparingly, reserved for nights out or anything deemed important. Its not something I reach for day-to-day.

Speaking of the day and thus sunlight, Luminous Silk has no SPF which is how it manages the flash back issue (from my basic and I REPEAT BASIC knowledge, the SPF in foundations reacts to something within the camera and this is how the image becomes distorted.) With that highlighted, this foundation wouldn't be recommended for continual day time use as it wont protect your skin against the sun.

What are your opinions on this foundation?

Frankie       

0 comments:

Post a Comment