Tan Tan Tan Part 1



**Side note - On setting out to write this post I underestimated the length of my rambling! So to avoid you all being bombarded I have broken this down into two parts! Today's post will be about the products I recommend and the aspects I advice to think of when choosing a Self Tan. And the next post will be about application and the tips and tricks I advice!


It seems fitting to talk about Self Tan considering my last post about Summer Nails, so here on Francesca Hannah Beauty we will embrace Summer once more ... or the lack of it! Being a northern gal we aren't always blessed with hot summer days, we are presented with chilly winds and light drizzles of rain predominantly.

However out of no where Mother Nature does offer us a cluster of hot, sweaty, unmanageable days, Us notherner's don't know how to handle the sun, so some go into panic mode! This is where we call for reinforcements; heading up into the loft or digging through to the back of your wardrobe to find that collection of summer clothes we keep "just in case." Blowing dust off the fans as we moan that its just "too hot." And for us girls, searching for those last few pumps off Self Tan, as shorts and summer dresses expose parts of our skin that haven't seen day light in months and no one wants Caspar walking around.

Fake Tan can be daunting! There's so much opportunity for it to go wrong; streaks, too dark, too orange, the dreaded hand and foot application! There's so much choice, moose, gel, lotion, spray! It's okay it's okay. I'm here to pass on all that I've learnt and my humble personal preferences!

This post will be about Long Term tan, therefore your tan that develops! My two favourites that I swap between are St Tropez Bronzing Lotion and Xen - Tan Dark Lotion Absolute in Ultra Dark. They are my favourites because they are reliable, I've had no problems with them, they do what they say on the tin! I can be a creature of habit, if I find something I like I tend to stick to it. I've tried cheaper alternatives and I just don't get the same results in regards to the colour. And for me that is THE MOST important aspect of any fake tan.

The dearer brands have more technology behind them creating the perfect self tan working with your skin to develop into a beautiful natural looking tan! I have found that they also have longevity and once the product does begin to fade, your skin is left without any odd looking speckles or rash-like patches.

My personal preference is a tan that develops, I find it looks more natural and the results are longer lasting. Therefore on a night time shower, shave, exfoliate, dry you skin and leave it! No creams, no oils, no deodorants. NOTHING! I prefer to apply my fake tan with plastic gloves rather than a tanning mit, I feel the mit absorbs product and its wasteful. Pop a towel down on the floor just in case any product does decide to escape. You want a room with good lightening and preferably a mirror so you can see where needs blending. And do be afraid to twist and turn and bend to see where product needs to be applied!

My next post will be a sister post to this explaining my application process, so look out for that on Tuesday!

What are your go to Self Tan products?! And do you have any cheaper recommendations?!

Frankie

0 comments:

Post a Comment