Summer Nails











I cant believe we are already coming towards the end of May and heading into June! Where does the time go, its madness. And what's even more maddening is I'm sat writing this post in a jumper with the heating on, looking out of the window to a dull, overcast, grey sky. The joys of Manchester in Summer.

Despite the lack of a summer sun, these Summer months for me are all about embracing the colours I shy away from in Winter. I tend to avoid big block colours in my outfit choices and will add accents of bright colour through my makeup and beauty choices. This is even more apparent and is taken up a notch during Summer.

In Summer I allow that tacky girl inside who I bury deep deep down, who's screaming for all things neon and clashing, to be heard. In summer on my nails I embrace the bold, the daring and the somewhat questionable. I welcome the neon oranges, highlighter yellows and on occasion my nails have resembled Smarties when I've rocked a different colour on each finger!

The choices are limitless! You can pair clashing colours on ring fingers. Alternate colours. If you have a steady hand and are feeling a little bit more adventurous you can buy a nail art pen and rock some daring coloured polka dots.

I live in England and we cant always guarantee on beautiful summers, so you have to take matters into your own hands (literally) and add a little colour where you can! I think by choosing to add colour to your nails, it's is a safe option if you are a colour phobe like me! It can be more appropriate for work or school environments. Or just a simple way to add some fun and character into your attire. And why not go that extra mile when it comes to Summer!

A little tip, if you are embracing your inner Tacky Queen, and using them bright shades, keep your nails at a shorter length. It'll look more flattering and maintained. Squaring your nail off, wouldn't be a bad idea either!

A few of my favourite summer bright Nail Varnishes are:
  • Barry M - 29
  • Essie - Meet Me At Sunset
  • Barry M Gelly Hi-shine - Papaya
  • Essie - Ruffles & Feathers
  • Barry M Gelly Hi-shine - Guava
  • Barry M - 33
  • Seventeen Cosmetics Fast Finish - Go Go   
What are your favourite Summer colours?!

Frankie 


0 comments:

Post a Comment