It really is as good as they say it is!





The other month I attended a wedding and being the makeup marvel that I am I was extremely worried about my face and the contents on it, more specifically how well they would last. I was only taking a small clutch bag, which was pretty much bursting at the seams once my phone, debit card and ID were shoved in. So I then went on the hunt for primers and non-budge-proof makeup!

I have never owned nor used an eye primer, I tended to use the MAC paint pot in Painterly as my primer, but I knew I needed something heavy duty and more suitable for the job, therefore I listed some contenders. I say some, I mean two; Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I decided to go with the latter.

As the title of this post suggests ... It really is as good as they say it is!

It's one of those purchases that make you feel decadent and excited. That could be due to the atmosphere or giddiness a Space NK store creates within me, or it could have been the glorious sunny day and the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre in the midst of August. Either way I was eager to go and experiment! This particular shopping trip I dropped quite a bit of money on some rather lovely products, so the lovely lady in Space NK kindly applied the Nars product and then the eye shadow I bought also! I then went about my day and they didn't budge (even in that glorious sunshine and the sweatiness it produced.)

Having had this product a few months now and tried it A LOT! On a number of occasions, nights out, day to day, hot climates, weddings ... I have to say I really am a big fan! I love the packaging, the simplistic nature of the monochrome palette combined with the minimalist writing, make me connect with my inner Mario, Lisa or Charlotte (insert favourite makeup artist here.) it's no fuss and no frills, it's a pro product and a pro is what it exudes.

I love the applicator, for my eyelids it's just the correct size, it delivers precision while placing a decent amount of product onto your chosen area of the eyelid. The product itself does exactly what it says on the tin. I honestly believe this is the answer to all of our (eye shadow lasting) prayers. Even if you don't like spending daft money on expensive eye shadows, if you were to invest in this little gem and apply the eyeshadow of your choice I believe it will hold it in place for hours (you might have to give it a helping hand and apply and blend/ apply and blend.) But regardless it's got some lasting power behind it!

When I wear this primer my eyeshadow doesn't budge, I get no creasing in my socket. My eyeliner stays in place and it doesn't transfer (which it always does after a few hours.) it's an all rounder for me! Go go, go! I guarantee it'll be the perfect behind the scenes staple in any makeup bag for any occasion.

I love this product, as I hope you have gathered! I do have slightly negative thing to say ... Due to the matte finish it leaves, if I was not to put an eyeshade over the primer I find my eyelid goes quite dry (which is strange for my oily skin type) it goes dry and has a bobbly texture to it. This can be monitored and corrected, so it's a small price to pay I think. 

The dryness I've seen since using this product has made me up the anti with my eye creams, and I've had my eye on this product for a while, so I finally indulged in the Keihls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, it's brand new so once I've been using it for a substantial amount of time to give a fair review. Give a review is what I will do! And I hope the eye cream will fix my dry eyelid problem! 

In short ... I love the Nars product! And I'll be reviewing the Keihls eye cream soon! 

Frankie  

0 comments:

Post a Comment