Kiko Lovin'












I've been keeping my eye on this brand for a while now, as I've heard it's name here and there from my lovelies on YouTube or from my equally lovely bloggers. Then a friend of mine a couple months ago mentioned a shop had opened in Leeds and she showed me her pile high of gorgeous products, she continued to tell me the low price bracket and I immediately fell even more in love!


At the time a Kiko store hadn't opened in Manchester so I never sought out the products. Then in October  I was in London visiting friends and I just had to drag them around the store so I could have a nosey, as expected it was mayhem and you had to use elbows and extended arms to navigate yourself around. I quickly became irritated and again had to defer my interest another time. 

Alas, one is open in the Trafford Centre in Manchester! (Woo hoo.) But I nipped into the store in Leeds the other weekend with my friend when I was visiting and it's safe to say, it was a lot calmer than the London store. Allowing me a pleasant and leisurely browse at ease, reading and swatching to my hearts content. I tried to remain level headed and make rational decisions and not buy everything that they had in stock. I feel like I did myself proud and I only walked out with three little beauty gems.


  • BB Glow Compact - Beauty Balm Foundation - 02
  • Luscious Cream Lipstick - 504
  • Natural Concealer - 02

And I'm happy to say, I'm in love!

To me the Kiko brand isn't drug store (high street) and it's not high end, I would say it fills a gap right in the middle. They're good, no better than good, they're great quality products for reasonable prices. The packaging is very attractive, practical and of a good quality! My one nitpick would be that the compact doesn't support itself, the lid collapses which isn't ideal when using the mirror on-the-go to reapply your makeup.

More importantly, filling a whole shop full with an array of products means there's obviously a whole range of products ... win. When it comes to foundations I have to admit I'm fussy, my love for Giorgio Armani (read my review of it here) means foundations have big boots to fill and I know rather instantly whether I like a product or not, but I have to say I'm really impressed with this foundation. It has become one of my favourite "everyday foundations;" I find it to be creamy, blendable, buildable and long lasting  (I'm sat on a train on my way home writing this blog post and I've been up since 6 am and it's still going strong,) and the colour match is really good too! If you like a heavier coverage and don't have severely oily skin, you have to try this foundation.

The lipstick I got is beautiful and the packaging is rather fanciful, out of the three products I got I would say its my least favourite, but that doesn't mean its a bad product. My friend who I went shopping with adores this lipstick and it looks beautiful on her, (she loved it that much she lost it on a night out and had to go and replace it.) The colouring on me just isn't right, but if you are of a darker complexion or you bronze your face then I think this lipstick will be ideal for you. On me I had to blot the colour and create more of a stain, but I am not denying its a beautiful colour. The consistency is creamy and it glides over lips leaving a highly pigmented colour which is simply dreamy, I'm excited to go and pick up some other colours to experiment with.   

It's important to notice the concelor I bought was for highlighting purposes, not coverage purposes. I got the lightest shade and I would say its a good consistency being thick and creamy, which I like as my preference is a higher coverage. As I got the lightest shade I'm not able to comment on its colour correcting or covering abilities, but I'm positive if you were able to find the ideal colour for your skin tone this product would conceal beautifully. When I've used it after my foundation as a highlighter I find that it blends wonderfully and it can handle setting powder and highlighter, as it doesn't go cakey. I like this product, I don't love it, I'll happily use it until it runs out but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. 

On reflection I do think the Kiko brand is amazing, I have to admit there are a lot of MAC dupes. This brand is perfect for a younger audience who perhaps are interested in makeup but don't have the means to spend the money on high end products, It's perfect for those of you who are interested in makeup and want to practice and get to know the differences out there. I'm very interested in this brand and I haven't been let down by it and I'll definitely be returning to store to investigate into the lipliners and lipsticks! 



What are your favourite Kiko products?


Frankie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment