Summer Secrets





In light of the recent nice weather we've been getting up North' I thought I would conduct a post all about my Summer Secrets! What does this entail I hear you ask, do not worry, I shall reveal all now.

Peach
Peach
And more peach

... basically sums it up.

For me summer makeup is all about embracing your inner beach babe. Connecting to nature. And showing off "the real you ... dude" - Said in the manor of Crush from Finding Nemo. This more relaxed approach to makeup is normally what I sport during the days, at night I still stick to my over top/ drag-queen-esk makeup layering, I'm a creature of habit and a beauty junkie at the end of the day, it cant be helped!

Therefore summer makeup for me is an array of peach tones, creamy highlighters, deep bronzes and gone is the fuss and the overtop nature of my normal makeup application! I will stick to my normal foundation choices, but I'll apply less and normally with a foundation brush that isn't screaming heavy duty (something not so dense.) I will tend to shy away from heavy contouring and just stick to a little amount of Mac Harmony dusted underneath my cheekbones. I will crack the highlighter up though, for me highlighter is amazing, it can change any makeup look, any skin type or age for that matter, into glowing, healthy, youthful skin. I apply it to all of the recommended places; cheek bone, upper and lower brow bone, centre of the nose, cupids bow and finally a dab at the centre of my chin. (A little tip I picked up from the incredibly talented and incredibly beautiful Lisa Eldridge is to apply and blend your highlighter after your foundation and before your concealer to give a more natural effect; once your highlighter is blended continue with your normal makeup step.

For me I don't want fuss on a nice summers day; on my eyes I keep in extremely minimal sometimes opting for nothing on the eyelids, just a simple yet effective eyeliner and flick. If you have oily eyelids, like me and aren't wanting to wear anything on the lids, grab your setting powder, and if its a natural or translucent shade pat that onto your lids using a clean eye shadow brush and you should be good to go without that weird, dreaded oily creasing! If the thought of bare lids makes your hear sink and you come over all funny, stick to something light, neutral and blend-able, my recent go to has been Mac's All That Glitters. Its a perfect summer shade, it goes with most other colours, its pretty and very versatile!

This couldn't be a summer post without me mentioning bronzer! I've never used a powder bronzer that I've fallen in love with. But I think I will definitely be on the hunt for one in the upcoming months. I'm thinking Clarins, Two Faced, Soap and Glory or possibly Hour Glass. My go to for bronzer isn't a powder but a cream; the almighty Soleil Tan De Chanel ... I've hit pan and its going to run out on me soon *Hysterically cries.* I'm going to do an in depth review of this soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that! And I use a kabuki brush and dust this all over my face to give me a sun kissed, natural healthy bronzed look!

As mentioned before I do get my peach on in the summer. A few years ago I would never have thought about going for peach shades as blusher, surely blusher was only pink and red shades ... oh how wrong I was! I got the idea from Lauren Conrad's Beauty Book, and with LC being my ultimate girl crush I of course had to give it a go, and I've not looked back since. Honestly the peach tones complement the existing bronzed tones, they make my blue eyes pop, they inject life and plumpness into my skin, and the peach and highlighter combo are just a match made in summer makeup heaven. The ones I switch between are Mac's Peaches and Mac's Peachy Keen, you don't need a lot of the product dust a little amount over the apples of your cheeks and build the colour up if you need to.

On the lips, you guessed it, I use a warm, peachy pink colour and it ties the entire look together. I don't tend to reach for Lip Glosses, I'm more a matte lip kind of gal. But when that sun is shining high I tend to reach for one lip gloss and one lip gloss only ... Mac's Pink Lemonade! It honestly ties together the whole look and adds that much needed glow to the lips; its not a bold lip, therefore the attention isn't drawn to the lip, like some other summer colours could do, for instance Mac's Morange. Nor is it too pale to wash you out and reduce the effects of the other summer look enhancers. It ties together the whole look, and complements the colour pallet used perfectly! This is definitely an easy, wearable, daytime summer look!

What are your summer secrets?!
Frankie   

0 comments:

Post a Comment