Makeup Exposed Numero 1: Leeds






As some of you may or may not know I went to Uni in Leeds and I'm pining to be back living with friends in that wonderful City ... Headingley Village will always hold a special place in my heart! So a few weekends ago me and my old housemates met up for the second time since we all left last year, back to our old stomping ground and of course a night out was in order!

Me being the weird makeup buff that I am, organised an outfit quickly so I could plan my makeup and nails accordingly! (Which is normal! I refuse to believe it isn't) With that being said, I thought I'd share with you my makeup and outfit look for that evening!

My outfit consisted of monochrome pieces; as I revealed in my Summer Nails post I tend to stay quite safe with my outfit colours, and you cant go wrong with black and white classic pieces, in my eyes! I wore a black pencil skirt, and a revealing white body both from Miss Guided. I don't have much going on in the upstairs area (if you catch my drift) so for me wearing a low cut top isn't a big deal, I wouldn't advice it if you do have a bigger chest however! STAY CLASSY FOLKS! I've been loving Miss Guided at the moment, I went on a bit of a spree on there a month or two back, and I love my finds! I paired this classic pencil skirt combo with a pair of cobalt blue River Island Heels and a black small clutch from TK Maxx. Again as I admitted in my Summer Nails post I like to add accents of colour through accessories or my makeup, and I love the colour contrast between my outfit and the shoes! I find River Island extremely hit or miss, and I'm pleasantly surprised with my shoe find, I adore them, and cant wait to get more wear out of them.

Speaking of accent's of colour I wore Barry M White on my footsies and paired it with Essie's Mint Candy Apple on my finger nails. I don't tend to gravitate towards matchy/matchy things, I wouldn't normally buy matching shoes and bag, or bag and purse and I tend to stick with this rule in painting my nails, I've never worn matching toe and finger nails. As much as I like the chic, classy look, there's something boring and unoriginal about pre designed about paired things, in my opinion.

Now for the most important aspect of my outfit for the evening ... my makeup! I don't really know how to pack light and considering I drove to Leeds I knew I could pile the car high with all my unnecessary shizzle, so I brought everything I could want (Except my gel eyeliner which I forgot, I WAS GUTTED.)

My face consisted of:
  • Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 5, which I've already done a post about here. 
  • For my eyebrows I used MAC Eyebrow Pencil (I wish I could tell you what colour but I have no idea, its rubbed off.)
  • My highlighter duo for the evening were the old classics, MAC cream highlighter in Pearl and Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond. One thing I love about nights out is I crack out my long time love, my ride or die product, my Dior Highlighter! This relationship has proven the test of time as its still going strong! I j'adore this Dior, and layer this bad boy on for nights out! It pictures beautifully and sits on foundation and cream highlighter like a dream. It's so pretty on and even just to look at!  
  • I continue with my Bobbi Brown creamy corrector in Peach Bisque, review for this little gem is here.
  • I get my 'Mario Dedivanovic' on and contour and highlight first with my cream products; Maybelline The Eraser Eye in Light and Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel, I then layer with the powdered contour, which is my go to, MAC Harmony. 
  • I was careful in choosing my blush colour for the evening as I had a lot going on with the lip and eyes so I dusted a light coating of MAC Blusher in Pinch Me, over the apples of my cheeks, the warm, deeper tones complimented my eye and lip shades.
  • The star of the show has to be the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Pallet, I'll do an individual review of the product in a few posts time, but it really is incredible and enhances my blue eyes so much!
  • I lined my eyes with Rimmel liquid eyeliner,
  • I lighted coated my eyelashes with my favourite drug store mascara; Seventeen Va Va Voom. As they made way for Eyelure Fake Lashes in 121. For me a night out cant go without fake lashes whether I'm sporting a smokey eye or popping on a bright lip; for me fake lashes add to any makeup look! They enhance every eye, making eyes look bigger and more hypnotic. Once applied correctly they can literally change any basic makeup look to a work of art! If you haven't tried them go go go! They do such an array of shapes and sizes, and that's the thing if you have smaller eyes the lash can be trimmed down to fit, they are a staple and a must have for me!  
  • I paired MAC Half Red Lip liner and my MAC Brave lipstick, which I'm loving wearing together at the moment! The colour pallet went so well with my eye makeup for the evening.   
  • And finally I used MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC20 to set it all.
 ... Don't judge me I'm a bit of a fan of heavy makeup!

This paired with the lip, I just loved the effect, neither was bright or bold, but more warm and deep and I loved it! It made my reasonably safe/boring outfit pop and I adored the look! I don't yet have a camera so unfortunately no pictures were taken of the makeup on, that would be good enough for me to show it to you guys!
Frankie

0 comments:

Post a Comment