Tan Tan Tan Part 2



Welcome back to Tan Tan Tan! (Which has to be said with the same gusto behind Cha Cha Cha, while dancing with your shoulders.) So we have the Self Tan Product, we've got all of our boxes ticked for what we deem as a suitable contender for that perfect summer tan! So lets begin the application process!


The rule to applying tan that I stick to is work from the bottom upwards (leaving your hands and feet till last) and I apply two pumps of product to my calves and two pumps to my thighs and the same concept on the other leg. For my torso I again use the two pump principle for my stomach and hips and two pumps for my chest and shoulders. I use two pumps for each arm. I am unfortunately not flexible enough to do my back, so I normally ask my mum or a friend to assist me and they use around 4 pumps for my entire back.

(This can obviously be changed and adapted, that's the amazing thing about using Self Tan, your body shape and size may not require as much product as I have suggested. You may want a lighter tan therefore start with one pump and see how that blends and spreads onto your skin. Or you may want to apply more, whatever you deem your ideal tan, you can manipulate the product to create your ideals.)

Once we have our bodies taken care of the next step is our hands and feet! I advice you to take a moisturiser (any regular body moisturiser will do) I will lean towards my favourite Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter. As a guide I tend to mix half and half of my overall amount between the tan and the cream, so around half a pump of tan and the equivalent for your moisturiser. If any stage of the self tanning process is important and scary then this is it, your hands and feet can be the biggest give away to a poor tan and aint no body got time for that!

I'd begin with your feet (as you already have your tanning gloves on at this stage) having mixed your tan and cream together. Begin rubbing it in one foot at a time making sure you blend into the existing tan you have applied to your legs. Keep you feet firmly on the ground to avoid tanning the soles of your feet. For more precise blending use your index finger around your heel and your ankle to avoid streaks. The difficulty lies in the application to your toes. What I tend to do is use my index finger, with my feet still firmly on the ground and distribute the remaining product toe by toe. Remembering all sides of your toes the in-between sections of your toes. And I little tip I find helpful to creating a flawless tan, is once all my toes have been done bend your toes and apply and blend on that joint to avoid any white creases.

And finally last but not least your hands! Remove your gloves! On the back of one hand distribute half a pump and the equivalent for your moisturiser and place the back of your other hand on top, to create a self tan sandwich and begin moving in circular motions. Moving the product over your fingers, blending into the wrists and the sides of then hands. I would recommend the same trick of applying product with the fingers straight and also the fingers bent. All the while concentrating on not getting the product on the palms of your hands and pads of your fingers.

If you need a video demonstration I would head over to the St Tropez website as they have excellent "how to" tutorials on there!

I hope this is helpful and fingers crossed these Summer posts will encourage the Sun to shine bright in the UK for some of these summer months!

Frankie

0 comments:

Post a Comment