Hangover Hydration


I am 22 years old and although my Uni days are behind me (yes I'm suffering with a bad case of post-uni blues) I do every now and again, stick my gladrag's on and paint the town a nice beige (literally just popped Sterophonics - Hangbags and Gladrags on Spoitfy.) Once I stumble in through the front door after a night out, I'm not normally in a state to consider my normal in-depth skin care routine. So I'm lucky if I take my makeup off .. which as a skin care and beauty enthusiast  I know its the ultimate sin :(


The morning after will normally begin with me taking a few minutes to asses how bad my hangover is, and depending on the severity I will normally head straight to the bathroom mirror to see the damage done on my skin. My skin is very reactive; thus I will see spots immediately through factors such as bad diet, and not taking my makeup off properly or I'll see irritation and dryness from my skin being dehydrated.

I will immediately double cleanse my skin! First with an oil cleanser to really breakdown and remove any dirt, sweat or left over makeup. Cleansing not only my face, but my neck and décolletage also. And I then repeat this step with a balm cleanser to nourish the skin and restore some of that goodness that has been taken away. At this stage I'm wanting to restore life back into my skin, the combination of alcohol, the heavy duty makeup and my poor effort on the skin care front the night before, take their toll on my skin and in essence dull it. So as the title to this post suggests I crank up the hydration!

For this I normally stick to these 6 steps!
1) Hydrating facemask
2) Toner
3) Serum
4) Oil
5) Moisturiser
6) Eye cream

Use which ever products YOU like and YOU find effective for your skin, just get that moisture back, your skin will thank you for it later! I try and not wear makeup the next day, but if you need to, I'd advise to stay away from heavy foundations and just keep it simple, I suggest a light weight tinted moisturiser. I also like to reward my skin and body with lots of water that I'm sure its screaming out for, so I do like to drink an excessive amount of water and green tea throughout the day. (And I find it reduces the hangover headache, which is always a bonus! Reducing my normal hangover cravings of Orange Lucozade and Kettle Crisps.) I will repeat this hydrating skin care routine at the night time also, and I swap the second application of a hydrating facemask for a more liberal amount of the face oil (as you don't have to care as much what you resemble at night.) All of these little tips and tricks and general advice should hopefully by the next day get you and your skin back to normal and looking like your former self!

I know what you're thinking that those layers of moisture will just be one sloppy mess, but I promise you, if you apply sensible amounts of each step, your skin will thank you for it! I have an oily t-zone and in the past I would have stayed clear of anything nourishing and designed for dry skin, but this isn't always the answer. If you also have an oily t-zone, you would describe your entire skin type as oily or you have acne prone skin, don't be afraid of using more hydrating products they shouldn't encourage spots, if the rest of your skin care and diet is up to scratch. I'll go more into detail about this in another post in a few weeks time! But basically hydration and moisture is good and should be welcomed with open arms! The combination of excellent makeup removal and the hydrating steps above, reveal healthy, glowing skin after a heavy night!

In a few post's time I will discuss my skin care routine, my skin type, my skin history and brands and products I favour. So you will be able to find out in more length about the products I use.

What are your favourite hydrating skin care products?!

Frankie

0 comments:

Post a Comment